Live no-bake Cheesecake
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup Macadamia nuts
- 1 cup Walnuts
- ½ cup pitted dates ( the fresher the better)
- pinch Himalayan pink salt.
- 3 cups raw Cashnuts (soaked for 2-4 hours and then drained)
- ¾ cup of lemon juice
- 1 cup of coconut nectar
- ¾ cup of coconut oil
- 2 Tbps of Vanilla extract (or if you like split and scrap a vanilla bean)
- 2 cups of your favour frozen berries
- ½ cup fresh pitted dates
- 1 cup sliced fresh berries ie strawberries
- In a 22cm round springform tin, line the base and sides with baking paper.
- Place all the ingredients for the base, except the dates, in a food processor until you get the texture of crumbs. Add dates and pulse until well combined. Press this mixture into the base of your tin and pop into the freezer while you prepare the rest of the cheesecake.
- In a blender, blend all the filling ingredients at high speed until nice and smooth. pour onto the base layer and return to the freezer until set enough to pour next level.
- Wash out the blender and blend the frozen berries and dates at high speed until smooth. pour on to the top of the cheesecake layer and return to the freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, sit at room temperature for 10 - 15 minutes. I take it out of the freezer into fridge at least 4 hours. Once removed from tin, place on a serving plate and arrange your fresh berries on top for great looking cheesecake.
- Keep in freezer when not being served.